2. "Competition is ultimately more beneficial than detrimental to society." 归根结底，竞争对于社会是利多弊少。
Generally speaking, competition contributes to progress in society.
1. Generally speaking, competition contributes to progress in society.
2. In democratic countries, when parties and candidates compete for power, the public benefits.
3. Admittedly, when competition gets out of the control of mores and laws, society will suffer.
3. "It is more important to allocate money for immediate, existing social problems than to spend it on long-term research that might help future generations."与其花钱进行可能有助于后代的长期性研究，还不如把钱花在迫在眉睫，已经存在的社会问题上。
Humanity should take into account both long-term interests and short-term interests when making budgets.
1. Naturally, each generation is most concerned about solving problems that immediately confront them.
2. However, what differentiates human beings from other animals is that humans have a sense of future and are morally responsible for the well-being of their descendents.
3. Therefore, as beneficiaries of previous generations, each generation should make its own contribution for the well-being of future generations.